A Workshop Event
There will be fine art sets, everyday sets, styled sets -- everyone can walk away trying something new or stick to their branding for their portfolio.
Featuring couture dresses by couture designers and favorite props like carousel horses, full-length wings, etc. See the "Past Workshops" in the Workshop Images album for an idea on what's to come.
Oct 19+20 2020
We Do things differently
Sweetlight Workshops are set up to allow attendees to have opportunities for one-on-one time with models with a high model to attendee ratio. This means you will not be battling other attendees to get your shot. My assistants and I work hard to provide an organized event that is set to run as smoothly as possible for your enjoyment.
If you watch the Promo Video you will see examples of attendees posing models and the magic of a Sweetlight Workshop.
My workshops attended by all levels of photographers -- the photographer considering starting a business; photographer new to business; the photographer who is part-time wanting to jump into full-time; the well-seasoned photographer; the photographer who has been in business years but has lost their spark or wanting to try a new niche; the photographer who wants to update their portfolio, and many more! All are welcome!
Range Of Workshop Topics
Topics that are not covered at the live workshop will be covered in the online workshop included with all workshop spots.
- image editing start to finish
- what is 'story-movement'
- fine-art vs natural vs editorial posing
- adding films (video) to sessions
- how I create capture video for my session films
- discuss hard topics such as struggling with what is sellable (or trendy) vs. what is 'you', the cost of jealousy, feelings of unworthiness, etc.
- post-session images reveal
- editorial-vibed sessions + editorials
- navigating social media
- back light + sun flare
- my go-to lenses for different looks/subjects
- my shooting style changes with certain lenses
- the introvert photographer
- truth about model calls
- avoiding “mini session hell”
- natural light (studio)
- working with natural light outdoors
- tackling harsh light + open shade
- finding a good hair + makeup team
- concept shoot: from spark to finish
- styling everyday sessions
- emotive connection by storytelling
- photographer anxiety: pre and during session
- hinderances to creativity
I want you to see me BE REAL. That may mean messy buns, sweat-soaked tees, ugly-faced tears and no makeup … but I have things I want you to get ahold of, and if you do, will change you as a photographer. How you see yourself, how you carry yourself, and how you run your business.
Are you ready to jump in? Let’s do this. Together.
Drawn to Light + Airy?
This workshop will have sets + looks for the photographer drawn to the light + airy look. I do encourage everyone to step out of their comfort zone, but if this look is apart of your branding, you'll have beautiful bright images for your portfolio.
Drawn to Dark + Moody?
This workshop will also have sets + looks for the photographer drawn to the dark + moody (like myself). There will be plenty to capture if you'd like to try a different aesthetic, or capture images that will best compliment your branding.