A Workshop Event
There will be fine art sets, everyday sets, styled sets -- everyone can walk away trying something new or stick to their branding for their portfolio.
Featuring couture dresses by couture designers and favorite props like carousel horses, full-length wings, etc. See the "Past Workshops" in the Workshop Images album for an idea on what's to come.
Apr 19 + 20 2021
Excited to Collaborate
Warehouse Rose Events
We are excited to collab with Warehouse Rose Events (based in Dallas) for the workshop -- she designs fabulous sets and has some fab ideas for the Dallas Workshop!Visit Site
ARe you a photographer who struggles with the following ...
- comparison, envy or jealousy.
- to price themselves appropriately.
- battling burn-out and feel in a slump.
- to attract clients who value their work or who value their style.
- avoid sales because of issues with rejection
- to connect with subjects in a way that produces beautiful, authentic and sellable work.
- internal blocks to "putting yourself out there"
- to gain a loyal following on social media
- justifying why you charge what you charge to people who do not value you
- surviving anxiety and/or panic disorder in business
- never feeling good enough or able to receive compliments
- get stuck in the "learning phase" instead of getting out there and running a business
- continuously discount or give your work away for free
- think there is no business to be had in your small town
- procrastination, debt, avoidance
- capturing work that is authentically your vs. just what sells
I have been there. Each and every one at some point in my business. What I will teach you has the power to transform not only your business, but your personal life, if you so choose.
We Do things differently
IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A SMALL + INTIMATE WORKSHOP, THE DALLAS WORKSHOP IS THE ONE FOR YOU. MORE TIME WITH MODELS + TIME ASKING ME QUESTIONS + HANDS ON
Sweetlight Workshops are set up to allow attendees to have opportunities for one-on-one time with models with a high model to attendee ratio. This means you will not be battling other attendees to get your shot. My assistants and I work hard to provide an organized event that is set to run as smoothly as possible for your enjoyment.
If you watch the Promo Video you will see examples of attendees posing models and the magic of a Sweetlight Workshop.
My workshops attended by all levels of photographers -- the photographer considering starting a business; photographer new to business; the photographer who is part-time wanting to jump into full-time; the well-seasoned photographer; the photographer who has been in business years but has lost their spark or wanting to try a new niche; the photographer who wants to update their portfolio, and many more! All are welcome!
Range Of Workshop Topics
Topics that are not covered at the live workshop will be covered in the online workshop included with all workshop spots.
- image editing start to finish
- what is 'story-movement'
- fine-art vs natural vs editorial posing
- adding films (video) to sessions
- how I create capture video for my session films
- discuss hard topics such as struggling with what is sellable (or trendy) vs. what is 'you', the cost of jealousy, feelings of unworthiness, etc.
- post-session images reveal
- editorial-vibed sessions + editorials
- navigating social media
- back light + sun flare
- my go-to lenses for different looks/subjects
- my shooting style changes with certain lenses
- the introvert photographer
- truth about model calls
- avoiding “mini session hell”
- natural light (studio)
- working with natural light outdoors
- tackling harsh light + open shade
- finding a good hair + makeup team
- concept shoot: from spark to finish
- styling everyday sessions
- emotive connection by storytelling
- photographer anxiety: pre and during session
- hinderances to creativity
I want you to see me BE REAL. That may mean messy buns, sweat-soaked tees, ugly-faced tears and no makeup … but I have things I want you to get ahold of, and if you do, will change you as a photographer. How you see yourself, how you carry yourself, and how you run your business.
Are you ready to jump in? Let’s do this. Together.
Drawn to Light + Airy?
This workshop will have sets + looks for the photographer drawn to the light + airy look. I do encourage everyone to step out of their comfort zone, but if this look is apart of your branding, you'll have beautiful bright images for your portfolio.
Drawn to Dark + Moody?
This workshop will also have sets + looks for the photographer drawn to the dark + moody (like myself). There will be plenty to capture if you'd like to try a different aesthetic, or capture images that will best compliment your branding.