A Workshop... Junky Gypsies Style
Are you ready to get out of the creative slump of 2020 and get your creative flow back?
We are beyond excited to be hosting this workshop at The Wander Inn in Round Top, Texas. This Inn is the heart-project of The Junk Gypsies -- you may have seen them on TV or seen them featured in a magazine.
I love what they say about their Inn on their website:
"The Wander Inn is not about luxury, it’s about the land, and the road, and the experience of Round Top. It’s about the simple things—decked out with a few velvet sofas and a bit of glittery wall decor. It's a place where you can dream. A place where you can explore. A place where you can meet kindred spirits and rejuvenate your creative soul.
We’ve housed film crews and filmed 3 seasons of our show for HGTV, GAC and Facebook here on the property, we’ve been a veritable "halfway house" for vagabond junk dealers, traveling musicians, itinerant cowboys, rogue camper caravans and our some our gypsy friends hell bent on wandering. We've designed our Pottery Barn collection here and hunkered down and wrote our book, which is the reason the subtitle became “at the crossroads of wonder & wander”. We even welcomed our friend Miranda Lambert, and became a part of the magic that is "the weight of these wings" ... and, all this, our wild-eyed gypsy friends, has helped us create the Wander Inn.
It is a place that feels right, it's a place where all the magic that's passed through these doors over the past few years has settled into the floorboards like well-traveled, world-weary glitter. It’s a place of salvation and creation and a place that we can't wait to welcome you into. So travel to Round Top, population 90, and slow down for a weekend with us.
The Wander Inn found us . . . and here, we hope you find yourself."
On a personal note, in reading all of that ... and knowing they speak the truth about the experience of Round Top .... and after experiencing the creative-lack, depletion, fear and loneliness of 2020 ... I am SO READY to have this adventure, will you join me?
Check out their TV show on HGTV. I just love them! All my past workshops in Round Top the past four years, during our breaks, everyone always went to the Junk Gypsy Shop to buy some goodies. I still have their past Junk Gypsies seasons on my Apple Tv and STILL remember the impact their style has had on my own personal style as I've styled my home through the years. I still will never forget when I first saw them use an old truck tailgate and a pull down desk for a boy's room.
Holding a workshop at their prop-heaven location is a dream come true. The Gypsies themselves will even be designing one of the sets and we have use of their many amazing props such as neon signs, couches, tons of old cars and trucks and more.
Now a disclaimer of sorts -- we are doing the workshop at the Junk Gypsies's place and they will be allowing us to use their props, some clothing and boots, and they will be designing a set for us ... but they are busy ladies so I don't want to imply they will be there chillin' with us at the workshop (though they are welcome, of course!). This is still a Sweetlight Collective event ... just AT their gorgeous place. Now, just to be clear, okay?
APRIL 25TH + 26TH 2021 || FROM 10:30AM - 7PM
A Workshop Event
There will be fine art looks, everyday sets, styled sets -- everyone can walk away trying something new or stick to their branding for their portfolio.
Featuring couture dresses by couture designers AND fun clothing designs by the Junk Gypsies themselves -- our prop selection for this workshop will be from their personal prop collection of neon signs, couches, old cars and trucks, and more!
ARe you a photographer who struggles with the following ...
- comparison, envy or jealousy.
- to price themselves appropriately.
- battling burn-out and feel in a slump.
- to attract clients who value their work or who value their style.
- avoid sales because of issues with rejection
- to connect with subjects in a way that produces beautiful, authentic and sellable work.
- internal blocks to "putting yourself out there"
- to gain a loyal following on social media
- justifying why you charge what you charge to people who do not value you
- surviving anxiety and/or panic disorder in business
- never feeling good enough or able to receive compliments
- get stuck in the "learning phase" instead of getting out there and running a business
- continuously discount or give your work away for free
- think there is no business to be had in your small town
- procrastination, debt, avoidance
- capturing work that is authentically your vs. just what sells
I have been there. Each and every one at some point in my business. What I will teach you has the power to transform not only your business, but your personal life, if you so choose.
We Do things differently
Sweetlight Workshops are set up to allow attendees to have opportunities for one-on-one time with models with a high model to attendee ratio. This means you will not be battling other attendees to get your shot. My assistants and I work hard to provide an organized event that is set to run as smoothly as possible for your enjoyment.
If you watch the Promo Video you will see examples of attendees posing models and the magic of a Sweetlight Workshop.
We also have just the right amount of down time in order for attendees to relax, go into town to shop, or connect with other attendees. Many have made lifelong friends at a workshop!
My workshops attended by all levels of photographers -- the photographer considering starting a business; photographer new to business; the photographer who is part-time wanting to jump into full-time; the well-seasoned photographer; the photographer who has been in business years but has lost their spark or wanting to try a new niche; the photographer who wants to update their portfolio, and many more! All are welcome!
You're Invited to prom
After a long day of learning, let's dance under the Texas sky by the fire-pit showing off our favorite dresses! Of course there will be 80's + 90's music to set the mood and prizes will be given for things like best dress, biggest hair, etc.
Attendance is optional and if you don't have a dress, please still join us! #youcansitwithus
Range Of Workshop Topics
Topics that are not covered at the live workshop will be covered in the online workshop included with all workshop spots.
- image editing start to finish
- what is 'story-movement'
- posing how-to and confidence
- fine-art vs natural vs editorial posing
- adding films (video) to sessions
- how I create capture video for my session films
- discuss hard topics such as struggling with what is sellable (or trendy) vs. what is 'you', the cost of jealousy, feelings of unworthiness, etc.
- post-session images reveal
- editorial-vibed sessions + editorials
- navigating social media
- back light + sun flare
- my go-to lenses for different looks/subjects
- my shooting style changes with certain lenses
- the introvert photographer
- truth about model calls
- avoiding “mini session hell”
- natural light (studio)
- working with natural light outdoors
- tackling harsh light + open shade
- finding a good hair + makeup team
- concept shoot: from spark to finish
- styling everyday sessions
- emotive connection by storytelling
- photographer anxiety: pre and during session
- hinderances to creativity
I want you to see me BE REAL. That may mean messy buns, sweat-soaked tees, ugly-faced tears and no makeup … but I have things I want you to get ahold of, and if you do, will change you as a photographer. How you see yourself, how you carry yourself, and how you run your business.
Are you ready to jump in? Let’s do this. Together.